Mark Midensky - Intermediate Class - Month One

Mark's Intermediate Class - Session 3 Welcome to our class blog-site for Session 3. This is important information that you should not share with people outside this class. We will be using this blog site to post and correct journals. There will be three journals, three presentations based on the journal worth a total of 225 marks and these marks will be used to calculated your mark for class participation. Your journals will be corrected online by your instructor. Mark.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Unit 2 Quiz - Part One

A. English Word Order (16)

Put the words in order to make a sentence:

1. is when person upsets it unreliable a me

…………………………………………………………………………….

2. mind forgets when name don’t someone I it my

……………………………………………………………………………..

3. when late can’t appointments for it I people stand are

…………………………………………………………………………….

4. friend me happy out when it lunch makes me a takes to

…………………………………………………………………………….



B. Complete the sentences using gerund phrases and the words in the box (16)



______ be + flight attendant _____ work + architect

______ retire + age 50 _____ write + gossip column



1. He’d enjoy ______________________________________ because he loves traveling.


2. _________________________ seems exciting. I have always been interested in design.

3. You have saved 25 percent of your salary all your life – now it’s time to have

some fun!

______________________ sounds fantastic. You deserve it!

4. Cheryl wouldn’t like ______________________ for the school paper. She doesn’t

really care about campus politics or social activities.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Midensky said...

SECTION A.
1. It upsets me when a person is unreliable

2. I don’t mind when someone forgets my name.

3. I cant stand it when people are late for appointments

4. It makes me happy when a friend takes me out to lunch.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Mark Midensky said...

SECTION B.
1. being a flight attendant
2. Working as an architect
3. Retiring at 50
4. Writing a gossip column

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home