Mark Midensky - Intermediate Class - Month One

Mark's Intermediate Class - Session 3 Welcome to our class blog-site for Session 3. This is important information that you should not share with people outside this class. We will be using this blog site to post and correct journals. There will be three journals, three presentations based on the journal worth a total of 225 marks and these marks will be used to calculated your mark for class participation. Your journals will be corrected online by your instructor. Mark.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Dream jobs.







I wanted to be a magician 4 years ago. I mean that this was my dream job to be a magician. Do you know what magician is? Most people think, especially Koreans that a magician is a swindler. I don't agree about their thinking.

In my opinion, magician is a kind of artist and entertainer because they have to think about stage, lights, audience and their repertory when they shows magic to the audience. Also, they have to practice hardly before they are on the stage.

I think, I'm really good at tricking people and I enjoy doing something infront of many people. Also, I'm creative and sincere. So, I thought, I could be a famous magician when I finished army. But, my parents didn't want me to be a magician. They wanted me to be a public service personnel or a professor. My parents thought, being a professor has more security of living than working as a magician.

Yes, my parents' thinking is right. But, in my opinion, working as a magician is more interesting than being a professor. And working as a magician earns more than a professor if I could be a famous magician. I had words with my parents because of these facts when I finished army. And I gave up my dream job because I believe my parents' say and their experience.

Now, I want to be an executive. I'll take over my father's business. I think of it, being an executive is as dangerous as working as a magician.(Because, an economy of Korea is really bad recently.) But, an executive is as interesting as a magician. Also, working as an executive is more charming than being a professor or a public service personnel.

So, I have to study English really hard. Because, being an executive is the reason why I came here to study English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home